Taylor's Twins Talk

Focusing on the Twins, with a few ramblings on other things that catch my attention

Monday, December 11, 2006

Non-Tender Signings?

My creativity is at its lowest ebb tonight - I had a final this afternoon. But, I wanted to very briefly discuss one more aspect of the non-tender deadline, which is tomorrow. While the Twins are likely to non-tender at most one player (Lew Ford), there will undoubtedly be a number of players from other teams released onto the market after being non-tendered.

I'm not sure what to expect for tomorrow. On the one hand, the high price of free agents is likely to make teams think twice before non-tendering a potentially useful player. However, cutting in the other direction is the fact that, as salaries increase, arbitration awards are likely to increase as well - so, it's going to be more expensive to keep marginal players around. Just something to think about.

After the deadline passes, I'll try to post a list of some players who may be attractive to the Twins. I expect it to be a pretty short list - but you never know when the next David Ortiz will be non-tendered (D'oh!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home