Taylor's Twins Talk

Focusing on the Twins, with a few ramblings on other things that catch my attention

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Something Very Premature

In honor of the Twins taking the lead in the Wild Card for the first time since they made their monumental comeback from oblivion, I figured I might as well post the Twins Magic Number. There's a certain nice quality to posting it now, as well, since it turns out that the Twins Magic Number to clinch the wild card is sitting at 50, which is a nice round place to start the countdown.

In case you want an actual formula for determining magic number, it's 163 - (First Place Team Wins) - (Second Place Team Losses), and for a good explanation of why that's the case, you can go here if you don't believe me. A little simple math will get you there as well without too much difficulty.

Incidentally, this means that the Tigers magic number to clinch the AL Central is 41.

I plan on having a notation of this on the right side of the blog. For those of you who are superstitious and believe that I'm jinxing the team...go see a psychiatrist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home