Taylor's Twins Talk

Focusing on the Twins, with a few ramblings on other things that catch my attention

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Blog Update

I'll be back tomorrow with a post covering what I believe to be the top 5 and bottom 5 minor league performances of the year, along with possibly some odds and ends. I was too tired to post on the All-Star Game last night when it finally finished, and by the time I got home from work today it felt a bit like old news. For the record, I have no problem with J.D. Drew winning the MVP award, even with Justin Morneau putting together a pretty solid game.

Totally off topic, I just watched boxing make a joke of itself again with tonight's James Toney/Hasim Rahman fight (on free TV, nonetheless -- although I guess that should tell you something about the quality of the match). In the third round, Toney accidentally headbutted Rahman, opening up a heavily bleeding cut. After the round, the ring physician asked Rahman about the cut, and Rahman answered that he couldn't see right. That caused the doc to stop the fight, and everyone pretty much thought that meant it would be a no decision (draw). Somehow, someway, though, the fight was ruled a TKO in favor of Toney -- meaning he essentially won by headbutt. Now, no one involved in the administration of the fight (i.e. the referee, the doctor, and the boxing commission) wants to admit that they ruled it a TKO -- so who did? An appeal is forthcoming. Really, there's no wonder that boxing has lost its luster.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At Thu Jul 17, 01:26:00 AM , Blogger Andrew Kneeland said...

    A TKO by headbutt.

    That's why I don't watch boxing...

     
  • At Thu Jul 17, 06:47:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm with you as far as Drew deserving it the most as far as WPA and the big home run, but I still think that George Sherrill should have received the MVP. I'm really okay either way, though

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home