Taylor's Twins Talk

Focusing on the Twins, with a few ramblings on other things that catch my attention

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Quick Note

Thanks to the folks at Fox, I was unable to watch today's game on MLB.tv (even though the regional game being shown here was the Rockies game -- does it make any sense to black out the Twins on mlb.tv when you're showing the Rockies on TV?), so I don't have a lot to say about it. I just wanted to note that I'll be back with a regular post tomorrow.

It's amazing to me that the Twins may end up playing tomorrow's game with a chance to be in first place at the All-Star Break. Of course, this means the Rangers will have to keep their 2-1 lead over the White Sox intact today, along with the Twins winning tomorrow and the White Sox losing again. It seems too good to be true, but as strange as this season has been I'm not going to bet against it.

Last thing -- the three wins against the Tigers have done a lot to convince me that the Red Sox series really was deceptive (something I've felt was the case since the series ended). The Twins were competitive (pitching-wise, at least) in the first game, should have won the second game (and would have, but for the poor performance of one pitcher), and of course got wiped out in the third game. Losing three games is never good, but things weren't as bad as they may have seen. Back tomorrow with (hopefully) more stuff.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At Sun Jul 13, 01:05:00 AM , Blogger neckrolls said...

    I feel your MLB.TV pain.

     
  • At Sun Jul 13, 09:36:00 PM , Blogger Jeremy said...

    Josh,

    Just posted something rather lenghty on the possibility of acquiring Adrian Beltre. If you have time, read it and let me know what you think...

    Jeremy

     
  • At Sun Jul 13, 10:48:00 PM , Blogger JST said...

    Jeremy,

    I'll gladly check it out tomorrow -- but it'll probably be after work (roughly 5 mountain time). I'll definitely let you know what I think once I've read it, either in a comment on your blog or in a post here.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home