Taylor's Twins Talk

Focusing on the Twins, with a few ramblings on other things that catch my attention

Monday, April 16, 2007

Punto's OK

It appears that the MRI on Nick Punto's left ankle has indicated that he has nothing more serious than a swollen sprained ankle, and that he shouldn't need more than another game or two off to recover fully. The Twins are selling this as good news, and I tend to agree -- I think Punto is a much better hitter than his current .132 batting average would suggest. Even if you aren't a Punto fan, you have to admit that the options to replace him in the lineup were rather limited with Jeff Cirillo on the DL. For now, then, my post below discussing the Twins options should Punto need to go on the DL has been mooted, but I think it's a useful guide for what would happen if Punto should get injured again before Cirillo heals.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home