Taylor's Twins Talk

Focusing on the Twins, with a few ramblings on other things that catch my attention

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Blog Update

Baseball's a funny game, isn't it? Ten days ago, we were all ready to write the season off, and now all of a sudden the Twins have won 8 of 9 and the White Sox just finished being swept by the Cubs -- and the Twins are just 1.5 games back. Anyway, it seems like for now at least, the Twins have just as good a shot as the equally flawed White Sox and hugely underachieving Tigers to win the division. I'll be back to posting regularly when the Twins play in San Diego on Tuesday night -- and there's a good chance that I'll come up with something to talk about tomorrow as well.

Incidentally, I'm just fine with the Twins sending Matt Macri down to make room for Nick Punto. Macri has played reasonably well when he's been in the lineup, but he hasn't been indispensable, by any means (Brian Buscher, on the other hand . . .).

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At Mon Jun 23, 07:03:00 AM , Blogger Dianna said...

    But is Punto indispensable? I'd think that somewhere down the lines of the three games here, he'd look like he owned these kids, and he didn't. Fogg on the other hand....

     
  • At Mon Jun 23, 09:07:00 AM , Blogger JST said...

    I phrased my comment poorly. Punto is definitely NOT indispensable, and I didn't intend to convey that he should be. I was merely stating that since Macri wasn't indispensable, it was all right with me that he was sent down. Punto's versatility makes him a valuable asset in my mind, and I know that puts me in a minority.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home