Taylor's Twins Talk

Focusing on the Twins, with a few ramblings on other things that catch my attention

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Silva Stays a Twin

As I expected, the Twins decided to keep Carlos Silva around for another year. I can't say that I'm overjoyed by this decision, because Silva was unbelievably inconsistent last year. Nevertheless, I think it was the right decision based on all of the circumstances facing the Twins right now. I do not think that Silva should just be gifted a spot in the starting rotation, however. He should have to compete for it like the multitude of youngsters who will be invited to spring training. He'll probably get a mite more leeway, since he'll be making somewhere in the neighborhood of 12 times what the others will make, so the Twins will have more invested in him. Bottom line: this move makes sense, even if it does leave you kind of uninspired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home