Taylor's Twins Talk

Focusing on the Twins, with a few ramblings on other things that catch my attention

Friday, September 22, 2006

Panic? Nah . . .

Two days, two losses. It's unfortunate, and it looks like this one is going to hurt a little bit, as Detroit is on its way to beating the Tigers. I've been watching the White Sox/Mariners game, and have been cursing as my TV a fair amount as I've watched the Sox slowly get back in this thing. Let's hope the Seattle bullpen can buckle it down.

But if I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times: this is baseball, and you're going to lose ballgames. It's part and parcel of playing every single day. We're getting down to crunch-time, and I sure don't want to see many more losses over the next 6 games, but I'll hold out on pushing the panic button until and unless the lead in the Wild Card shrinks to about 2 games.

Incidentally, the Toronto Blue Jays were eliminated from the playoffs tonight by the Boston Red Sox. That leaves the Red Sox and Angels alive behind the White Sox. My hope is still to eliminate all three of them by the time the Twins and White Sox meet up a week from tonight; after all, wouldn't be fun to see, oh, let's say Glen Perkins and Matt Guerrier get starts on Saturday and Sunday to finish up the season in meaningless games with the soon-to-be-former defending champs?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home