Taylor's Twins Talk

Focusing on the Twins, with a few ramblings on other things that catch my attention

Monday, September 18, 2006

Roster Discussion

Perplexed by the fact that the Twins website lists 42 men on the 40-man roster, I did a little bit of digging today, sending an e-mail to my favorite member of the Twins front office. I was a bit surprised when, within 2 hours, I received a reply. The response informed me that the Twins roster was sitting at 39 when Perkins was added, so no moves were necessary. The most interesting thing I found out was that there is no leeway given to teams; the roster cannot go over 40 men, period.

Obviously, I take this information pretty seriously, since it's coming from someone who was directly involved in the decision. The only problem is, the Twins website doesn't reflect this. One of the 42 men is Shannon Stewart, who is on the 60-day disabled list and therefore doesn't count against the roster limit. That leaves 41 people. In other words, someone who is listed as being on the roster is not, in fact, on the roster. I've tried to find out who this is, but obviously am not going to respond to the reply I received and ask for a diagnosis of the entire roster. It's a mystery.

So who is the imposter? Well, it's one of the following players, and I've not been able to find the answer thus far. Here are the names:

J.D. Durbin
Dave Gassner
Justin Jones
Jose Mijares
Errol Simonitsch
Mike Smith
Garrett Jones
Alex Romero

I'll continue to dig, and hopefully find an answer soon. I'm also hopeful that the Twins website will be updated to reflect the correct roster soon. If anyone out there happens to know the answer to this question, please let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home