Taylor's Twins Talk

Focusing on the Twins, with a few ramblings on other things that catch my attention

Friday, September 15, 2006

G'bye, Jim

Jim Kaat is retiring from broadcasting after tonight's game. I remember him teaming with Ted Robinson during my formative years; that's the first announcing team that I can remember. They were, of course, the voice of the 1991 World Series champion Twins. In recent years, listening to Kaat has required watching the hated Yankees, but he was and is by far the best of the announcers who appear on the YES network, and the telecasts will lose something significant with his departure.

I wish Kaat the best of luck in the future, and express my respect for him from my little corner of the blogosphere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home