Taylor's Twins Talk

Focusing on the Twins, with a few ramblings on other things that catch my attention

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Gardy Re-Ups

It's been expected for quite awhile, but the Twins announced today that Ron Gardenhire has been locked up through 2011, with the coaching staff in place through 2010. While I generally feel like the Twins fan base supports Gardy, there are a few naysayers out there who don't. That'll always be the case, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. For my money, though, Gardy is a solid manager, and I'd much rather have him in charge of the team than about 90% of the other guys in the league. Yes, he has his particular hangups and he occasionally drives me craazy. That's pretty much par for the course with a manager, though. I'm glad that Gardy will be around for at least a few more years -- and hopefully one of these years he'll be able to guide his team to a World Championship.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At Thu Nov 13, 02:10:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    As long as Nick Punto isn't also going to be around until 2011, I like this move.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home