Taylor's Twins Talk

Focusing on the Twins, with a few ramblings on other things that catch my attention

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Indications of an Imminent Move?

I haven't seen this reported anywhere yet, but the Twins website has listed in the "transactions" that IF Chris Basak, who was claimed off waivers from the Yankees late this summer, has been outrighted off of the 40-man roster. By my count, that would leave the Twins sitting at 38 players (this is 1 more than La Velle Neal of the Star Tribune and Kelly Thesier of MLB.com, have reported; I believe I'm correct and still haven't figured out why there's a discrepancy -- I had this backwards initially -- my count has the roster containing one more player than Neal & Thesier have reported, not one less). Could this be the first warning that a deal has been completed, and we're just waiting for Santana to sign an extension (presumably with the Red Sox)? I'd guess we'll find out fairly soon, but the timing of this move seems suspicious to me.

UPDATE: Neal has now posted about the Basak transaction on his blog, and he (correctly) has the Twins at 38 players on the roster just as I do. I presume that there was some incorrect information put out last week in a Twins press release or something similar (after the Brian Bass signing/addition to the roster) that caused both Neal and Thesier to state that the roster was sitting at 38 players, when it was actually at 39.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home