Taylor's Twins Talk

Focusing on the Twins, with a few ramblings on other things that catch my attention

Saturday, December 06, 2008

Wow

I figured tonight's De La Hoya/Pacquiao fight would be a lopsided affair. I was right -- but I backed the wrong fighter. De La Hoya just quit after the eighth round, after a fight in which he didn't just lose every round, he lost humiliatingly. The standard round loss is scored 10-9 for the winner unless there is a knockdown. De La Hoya lost at least one round 10-8 despite staying on his feet, and that's an indication of how much punishment he was taking. I'll have more on this tomorrow in my Boxing Banter post, but I couldn't leave it alone tonight. Remarkable result, and Pacquiao clearly showed that he fully deserves the title of the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At Sun Dec 07, 02:37:00 AM , Blogger Josh Johnson said...

    Pacman was unreal. Total lopsided. I wanted him to win, however I definitely thought it'd be a better match. The Golden Boy might be on his last leg...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home