Taylor's Twins Talk

Focusing on the Twins, with a few ramblings on other things that catch my attention

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Just One Quick Question

I checked out ESPN this morning, and after heading to the MLB page saw that the top story (the one that gets featured billing on the left-center of the page and a pretty picture) is Barry Bonds 757th homerun. So my question is two-fold: (1) are we going to see this every time Barry Bonds hits another homerun, and (2) should we?

My very quick answers -- while I think each Bonds homerun from this point forward is newsworthy (and really, every homerun since he was about 10 away from Aaron has been), I don't think each one from here on out deserves to be the top story of the day in baseball. Give it a mention in the links on the right side of the page, sure, but I'd much rather see stories featured that deal with things like the playoff race. To answer the first part of the question I've asked, I suspect we'll see top billing given to the next 4 or 5 dingers before ESPN gets bored with it and goes back to regular coverage. I sure hope that's the case anyway. Thoughts?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At Thu Aug 09, 03:39:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i guess hearing about bonds is better than hearing about the twins being shutout for the 11th time this season. kyle davies? come on. this is getting to be pathetic. poor matt garza.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home