Taylor's Twins Talk

Focusing on the Twins, with a few ramblings on other things that catch my attention

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Site Update

Marty made a comment on my last past that, to paraphrase, asked whether my lack of blogging the last two days was an indication that I thought the Twins were out of it. This made me realize that it was time for a Site Update. First, yes, I think the Twins are out of the playoff chase. I said as much on Wednesday in my "Is it Over?" post, and nothing that has happened since has changed my mind.

However, this is not why I haven't blogged in two days. If you've read the blog recently, you might have caught the fact that I'm in the process of moving. That is the biggest reason why I haven't blogged the last two days -- I have to surrender my apartment on the 31st (at noon sharp, as the *ahem* wonderful folks *ahem* in the property management office have . . . erm . . . "politely" reminded me -- they rented the place out for the 1st, you see -- something of a quick turn around time). Today and tomorrow are my last two full days to finish moving and to clean, so I may very well be MIA today and tomorrow as well (although I shall try to comment on the games -- and if there's a trade, I will force myself to sit down and post my thoughts).

So, that's that -- for now, I'll leave you with this: I liked Brian Buscher's debut. He has a solid swing that looks to me like it's Major League ready, and while his defense isn't spectacular, it's not as bad as his one poor inning made him look, either. He is the best story of the Twins minor league season (although the re-emergence of Trevor Plouffe as a legit prospect is right up there, in my book), and I would love to see him have a solid enough 2+ months as a Twin to earn himself the job on a full time basis in 2008.

Until next time, go Twins.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home