Taylor's Twins Talk

Focusing on the Twins, with a few ramblings on other things that catch my attention

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Notes for the Night

1.) On Justin Morneau - His 1 HR and 2 RBI night moved him into a tie for 13th on the Twins All-Time single season homer list (with Bob Allison '64, Tony Oliva '64, and Tom Brunansky '84 & '87), and also a tie for 13th on the comparable RBI list (with Killebrew '66 and Puckett '92).

2.) Quality starts from both Garza and Bonser in back-to-back nights? I'll take it. Makes you wonder whether Carlos Silva would be in trouble if Francisco Liriano gets healthy enough to return to the rotation this year. Makes you wonder even more if Silva's option will be picked up at the end of the year.

3.) Lest anyone thought I forgot about tracking the Twins magic number to clinch the Wild Card, it's sitting at 37.

4.) I was rooting for a 2-2 series split in the Tigers/White Sox matchup, and that's what we got. I was rooting for this largely because I was conflicted about exactly what I should hope for, and this way we ended up gaining a 1/2 game on each of them. In other words, we have the White Sox right where we want them coming into this weekend's series.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home