Taylor's Twins Talk

Focusing on the Twins, with a few ramblings on other things that catch my attention

Saturday, August 30, 2008

No Notes Tonight

Frankly, I'm too annoyed to write something after that ending. The Twins remain just 1/2 game back thanks to the Red Sox victory over Chicago, but they need to nail games like this down. Joe Nathan has now blown a couple of saves in the last few days, and while he's entitled to be human once in awhile, I get a little nervous when it happens multiple times in a short span. Wins are precious -- the Twins need to seize them when they get the chance. Nice start from Liriano, though, and good bullpen work up to Nathan.

Incidentally, congrats to the Gophers for beating NIU (it's NIU, but still, a win is a win, especially for the Gophers). I'm also thrilled to see that the upset bug is still going strong in NCAA Football -- although I would have preferred it if Pitt (my alma mater) has not lost to Bowling Green (the Gophers next opponent, incidentally). The Virginia Tech, Clemson, and Texas A&M losses were fascinating, though. I can only hope this season is as exciting as the last.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home