Taylor's Twins Talk

Focusing on the Twins, with a few ramblings on other things that catch my attention

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Merry Christmas -- and Goodbye for Now!

Tomorrow, I'll be joining the millions of Americans who travel home for Christmas. While I'm not particularly excited about visiting the airport, I am very happy that I'll be with family tomorrow night. For the next week, I'll be in Minnesota -- and while I will have access to the internet, I don't plan on posting unless something major (such as a Santana trade, for instance) takes place.

I plan to be back on December 31 with a post covering my favorite sports moments from 2007, and the week after that I'll be posting a few times on the Hall of Fame with predictions before the results are released and a limited analysis after they are released. Of course, I'll also post on any Twins news or interesting baseball news that pops up along the way.

Until then, I hope you all have a chance to spend some time over the next week with your family and friends. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At Mon Dec 24, 05:35:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I need to let off steam about what the Twins didn't do this month. All through December I was hoping that Josh Hamilton was the centerfielder the Twins would trade for, but as things played out, they couldn’t or wouldn’t do it. Everybody knew Hamilton was available. He has way more talent than anyone else out there: more than Ellsbury, certainly more than Melky. If Hamilton can stay off the DL he’ll probably hit 40+ homers for Texas, bat around .300 and play a good center field. We have the young pitching that could have gotten this deal done, and it just kills me that it didn’t happen. With Hamilton, we would have had a lineup not too far from to rivaling Detroit’s.

    Of course there is a risk with Hamilton, as everyone knows, but when there is a player available with that kind of upside, you have to take the chance. Now, what’s left on the market? Very little, unless Ellsbury or Adam Jones is acquired as part of a Santana deal. The Twins better sign a one year stopgap (who? Lofton?) and hope that Ben Revere tears through the farm system like Garza did.

    For the first time since he took over, I’m disappointed in Bill Smith. (Although, to be fair, we don’t know that he didn’t try to get Hamilton.)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home