Taylor's Twins Talk

Focusing on the Twins, with a few ramblings on other things that catch my attention

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Blog Update

My apologies for the lack of blogging over the last couple of days -- the new semester has begun, and that's always a bit of a crazy time. I intend to post a few thoughts tomorrow on the off day to catch up, and hopefully I'll be able to settle into a rhythm in September.

Unfortunately, even if I had been blogging over the last few days, there wouldn't have been a lot of good things to say. As I (and many others) said prior to the start of the Indians series, the Twins needed to at the very least win the series in order to keep their playoff hopes alive. Instead, they've been swept -- and they are now 8.5 games out. Mathematically, there is still a chance, but the odds are rather long to say the least. That puts us back where we were a month ago, when it seemed quite clear that the Twins were going nowhere -- rather than where we were a few days ago when hope was springing forth again. Such is life -- we've been spoiled the last few years (although I would rather have been really spoiled with a World Series title), and now things are settling back in. At least, as they say, there's always next year.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home