Taylor's Twins Talk

Focusing on the Twins, with a few ramblings on other things that catch my attention

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Surprise, Surprise

I admit to being completely shocked at how the American League playoffs are going so far. My infamous predictions had the Twins winning their series against the A's without too much difficulty, and the Yankees sweeping the Tigers. Now, the Twins are in dire straits against the A's, and the Tigers, unbelievably to my mind, beat Mike Mussina and the Yankees today to even that series.

I sincerely hope that the Tigers somehow upend the Yankees. Even more, I sincerely hope that the Twins hang on and push the A's recent record in clinching games to 0-12 while winning the series. Unfortunately, that probably won't happen.

Either way, tomorrow is still going to be a lot of fun. It's a playoff game, and those are always great. Brad Radke is starting, and that's just a miracle. And, of course, this is a team that seems to like having its back against the wall. Hopefully, I won't be posting this weekend about whose option should or should not be picked up, the 2007 schedule, or anything related to off-season transactions; I'd love if those conversations could wait until early November. We shall see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home