Taylor's Twins Talk

Focusing on the Twins, with a few ramblings on other things that catch my attention

Saturday, July 01, 2006

All-Star Game Thoughts #10 - Tweaking the Rosters

I misunderstood one rule regarding the rosters for the All-Star game when I compiled my rosters earlier: I was thinking that there were 8 pitchers total, while it turns out there are 8 pitchers selected on the player ballot, to go along with 8 position players. What this means is that fully 3/4 of the teams are selected by someone OTHER than the All-Star Manager: 8 starters selected by the fans, 8 position player backups selected on the Player's ballot, 8 pitchers selected on the Player's ballot, and then 7 other players (position players OR pitchers) selected by the Manager, and 1 player selected by the fans to round things out.

So, will this change things from my roster? Almost certainly yes. In addition, believe it or not, today's games changed my mind in at least one situation, and I'm going to mention that as well. Instead of re-posting the rosters in their entirety, I'm going to go back and edit the prior posts, so scroll down and read the posts again for the updated version of the rosters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home