Taylor's Twins Talk

Focusing on the Twins, with a few ramblings on other things that catch my attention

Friday, September 26, 2008

Dueling Blowouts

One night after the most emotional victory of the year, the Twins laid a big fat egg tonight against the Royals. Francisco Liriano was bad, the offense was bad, and not unexpectedly in such circumstances, the result was bad. Thankfully, at least as I write this, the Indians are taking care of business by beating up on the White Sox (although I took some liberties by calling an 11-6 game a "blowout").

If the Indians can finish off the Sox, I'll be fine with tonight's result. The Twins aren't quite able to just run out the clock (since if Minnesota and Chicago finish with identical records over the next two days, the Sox will have a chance to force a tiebreaker by beating Detroit on Monday), but they're still in a better position than Chicago is, and identical finishes today won't hurt too much. I don't have much else to say tonight -- I admit that I was watching the Presidential Debate more closely than I was watching the runaway ballgame. Hopefully tomorrow gives us a better result from the Dome.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home