Taylor's Twins Talk

Focusing on the Twins, with a few ramblings on other things that catch my attention

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Any NASCAR fans out there?

To anyone who follows NASCAR and would be interested in participating in a "pick-em" league which I would run, consider this an invitation.

Here's the scoop on how I'm going to run things. There are 36 non-exhibition races on the schedule. For each race, the participants in the league will pick one driver, and will score points based on that drivers finish. As in golf, low is good -- a win is worth 1 point, while a dead-last 43rd is worth 43 points. The catch is that each player can pick a given driver only ONCE per season, meaning each player will have to select most of the drivers in the sport at some point over the course of the season. The selection of a driver will take place after Qualifying each week, so that the full 43-car field will be known when the selection is made. Players will alternate selections, so that one week you'll pick first, then second, and so on.

I'm already doing this with a group of friends, but I'd be interested in doing it with another group. If you are interested, send me an e-mail (taylorjs@colorado.edu) and let me know that you'd like to participate. I'll probably cap it at about 5 people, because it can get unwieldy beyond that -- but I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to be involved. And remember -- I need to hear from you fairly soon because the Daytona 500 drops the green flag next Sunday, so we'll need to get everything organized by about Friday.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home